This is the completed baby quilt that I posted about a few months ago. I was able to get a doll quilt and a small stroller size quilt with the leftover wedges. I am almost done hand quilting the doll quilt and will work on the stroller quilt as I am able. I usually do this sort of hand work at the West Virginia Heritage Crafts Cooperative on my days to work the shop. I have a few items in the shop for sale – some coasters, a pot holder, an apron, and a pillowcase.
I am working on a T-shirt quilt for pay and a crochet afghan for pay. I am halfway done piecing the quilt top and almost done with the afghan. My husband is having some serious health issues and it is difficult to take time away to work on my handcrafts.
Working on a baby quilt for a nephew and his wife expecting a girl in July. I used a lot of pink scraps. I will probably get 2 more smaller quilts to sell or donate.
Here is another baby quilt that I have been working on. I am down to the binding. The pattern is “Phoebe” by Sharon Hart that was printed in Fons & Porter’s Fall 2009 Easy Quilts magazine. It is made all from stash except the thread. I had to redo a row because I sewed some pieces in upside down. Luckily I caught it right after I did it so I didn’t have to rip out too much. The back is pieced from 3 different flannels. The biggest piece was just a little too short. That was a blue, green, and yellow stripe. I used the last of a plain yellow and the last of a plain green to make the backing along with the stripe. That left me with just enough(!) stripe for the binding.
This is for a nephew who is having a baby soon. I think that there are 2 more babies on my husband’s side that are due this year.
Here is the completed quilt for a new grand nephew born in December. I really like this one. I like the colors and I did a pretty good job on the quilting and the binding. All materials were from my considerable fabric stash.
This is the top of the baby quilt that I am working on for my niece MIchelle who is expecting a baby boy sometime in December. (Oh…that’s this month!) I used “Baby Makes 3″ pattern. You are supposed to use 3 fabrics. I picked 3 colors (blue, green, and white) and cut pieces from my stash. I found green 2 1/2″ strips already cut and used them for the first border. I had just enough of a dark blue background with some fish to use for the outside border. It took ALOT of piecing for the back. It is now machine quilted. I used a green variegated thread to straight stitch about a 1/4″ away from both sides of the long vertical and horizontal seams. I picked up some tips from a Craftsy class “Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot” with Jacquie Gering. The first tip is that “It’s a WALKING foot, not a running foot.”
I am working on the binding now.
And yes, I know, the quilt is pictured upside down, but the picture would look more stupid if the ironing board was upside down.